You are here because you know the power of online marketing right?.
First of all, let’s see why you should opt for online marketing.
According to the stats of 2018, there are 4.021 billion of internet users, up 7 percent year-on-year
A global digital snapshot of 2017 as shown below:
Half of which, you can see, are active social media users.
So you must be exciting to know the strategies now right?
Before I move on,let me clarify with you one thing that true, paid strategies generate more lead. But the methods which I’m going to highlight in this article are guaranteed to increase your lead up to 60%.
Let’s get started.
1. Personal Branding
The first thing you need to do is to brand yourself. Branding here simply means building up your online profile and portfolio.
You can compare it to a business card in the real world.
Personal Branding gives you opportunity to leverage a more trustworthy, personal image to promote your brand.
It also gives you more power to connect and meet new people.
So you must be wondering how you create your own personal Branding.
Well, the most basic one which I bet everybody already has is social media profile.
Create profile with contents related to your business. The purpose here is not to gain likes or follows but to show people what is your business about.
Second one is your own website
Your website may contains information about you, your business, your portfolios (work or products) and contact information as basic building blocks.
In my upcoming article, you will learn how to create attractive website for your brand.
To learn more why personal Branding is important, check out here.
2. Leverage SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
It is the process of affecting online visibility of website or webpages.
The key idea is to optimize your site, in such a way that it becomes easily searchable (ranking) on search engines like Google, Bing etc.
Basic steps include:
- Target market analysis
- Keywords research and development
- Content optimization
- Continuous Testing and Measuring.
For in-depth details about SEO, check out 7 best SEO strategies for 2019.
If you’re running a local business, better check out my local business SEO which has an in depth details explained everything from A-Z to outrank your local competitors.
3. Social Media Marketing
Over the past few years, social media has become an important platform for promoting businesses. Because it is so easy to connect to people, social media can help boost your business in multiple folds.
If you ask people, they would suggest you to go for paid ads on Facebook or Instagram to gain attentions. But in reality, you can just follow these simple tips, which promises to help boost your visibility and engagement.
- Try to incorporate videos or original image contents, rather than stock Google images.
- Make the content emotional and deeply connected with humanity.
- Don’t just promote about your business, give something valuable and entertaining.
- Ask for feedback and reviews.
- Join relevant groups and contribute.
- Reply to comments.
- Help others along the way.
Tips: Don’t share content everyday, rather go for twice or thrice in a week. But make it valuable and fascinating.
This is because not to make people feel bored seeing your content everyday, but to make them feel worth waiting for your contents.
Click here to learn more about social media marketing strategies
4. E-Mail Marketing
In this age of social media, you would not even consider email as a tool to promote your business right?
Well, if you think so, you are wrong.
According to disruptiveadvertising,
- e-mail marketing has an average ROI of 3,800% or for every dollar of investment, you earn $38.
- In US alone, more than 85% of adults send or read email.
So how do you go about starting this?
There are four simple steps:
- Build up e-mail list
- Use tools like mail chimp to create campaigns and send out to subscribers.
- Provide some additional contents for your customers in exchange for emails. Eg. Pop-up for signing up for exclusive content.
- Try to send different mail exclusively for each customer. This will create good impression.
For more details about e-mail marketing, click here.
5. Start A Blog
Well, first thing that come to your mind, why a blog?
According to the statistics,
- B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those who don’t.
- By 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationship without talking to human.
- Makreters who prioritized blogging gain 13% more ROI.
So now you must be thinking, “I am not good at writing, how will I go about creating a good blog?”
Well, don’t worry. Just follow these tips, and I am sure you will be able to create more leads.
- Choose a blog topic which you are passionate about. Doesn’t have to be related to your business.
- By doing so, you gain traffic and personal connections with your audiences, which in turn, can help you with your business.
- When writing, use more of active voice.
- When people come to your site, first thing they notice is design. Use good quality images and theme.
- Sub divide your blog post into sub headings and small paragraph.
- Try to use as many infographics and stats as possible.
- Try to incorporate personal experiences.
For more tips, check out how to make money blogging 2019
6. Start A YouTube Channel
YouTube is the world second largest search engine, the first being Google.
As of 2017, YouTube gets about 36 million visitors per day and about 1.3 billion of people are active on YouTube daily, and the numbers are increasing.
Without much being said, you and me know how much valuable the traffic on YouTube is.
So how you go about creating good YouTube channel?
There are 3 types of contents people prefer on YouTube.
- Educational content. Eg. Tutorials, how to’s etc.
- Life demonstration and personal connections.
People love going to YouTube to find solutions to their problems in an attractive and easy-to- understand way.
If you are able to provide any 1 out 3 category listed above, then promised you, your channel will rock.
Tips: Because of high competition on YouTube, first thing people notice is your title and video thumbnails. Try to come up with unique, attractive and to the point titles and thumbnails.
For more in depth details of how to create a successful YouTube channel, check out my upcoming article.
7. Join Affiliate Program
Last but not the least, I promise you this tip is like a bonus, and that is Affiliate Program.
For those who don’t know what an affiliate marketing is, well it is the type of mareketing which involves a merchant paying a commission to other online entities ( in this case, you), for referring merchant’s business websites, services or products.
In simple word, you get paid every time a person you refer to click or purchase the merchant’s desired entity.
Basic steps to get started:
- Find affiliate program. The biggest being Amazon. For more information, visit here.
- Once you sign up for the program, you will get an affiliate link. The link is unique and contains your affiliate ID.
- For commission percentage, it usually starts from 30-75%.
- For variation in affiliate program visit Clickbank.
For in depth details about affiliate marketing, visit my upcoming article.
And That’s all for the 7 amazing online strategies you can get started right now and most importantly, they are all free Some of them you can opt for paid version as well like Facebook or Google ads. But trust me, even the free options work wonders.
So have you tried any one of the strategy listed above? Let me know in the comment.
I’m just an ordinary guy with passion for web development and online marketing. Let’s stay connected!